Monday, June 28, 2010

Canada Day

Good Morning,

Hope you had a good week-end. I did! Happy Birthday wishes to my DH! We're now the same age for another 360 days! My big brothers birthday today too!

Went to the movies last night and saw "Shrek"! I've always liked all the Shrek movies. I enjoyed it but it wasn't the best of the three. You still have to love Donkey and Puss as well. lol

I'm ahead this year on my Canada Day page! Deborah had sent me some pattern paper to work with. Click on Fargo Cat Shops to see more detail of the paper. The paper is double-sided. The side shown here has maple leafs on it and at the top (I covered it up) it says Vancouver with a maple leaf in white. The other side is maple leafs with the word Vancouver through out the page. Check back on Thursday cause I'll show you what I've done with that. It's not quite finished yet.

The top black strip is 1 3/4" wide. I used the Cricut and cut the words Canada Day out of the black and cut the words again out of a sparkly white. The letters now inlay to the black. The red maple leafs are a punch.  The fireworks are from "Lyrical Letters" cartridge. Cut once at 3.5 and once at 2.75.  The maple leaf is from Designer Calendar. The white and red shapes are cut at 10". George and Basic shapes used to cut the circles. The black layer was cut using the shadow feature on the Designer Calendar.  Once I have some photos I can journal in the left hand corner.


Have some work to get done here so have a "Happy Monday"!

Yvonne

No comments: