Thursday, June 10, 2010

Birthday Greetings & Cats

Good Morning to all you Bloggers!

I hope today's card puts a smile on a couple peoples faces - those who understand cats and also two people who have a birthday today. First Happy Birthday to "Deborah". She has two of those fur babies and you can find a picture of them at Fargo Cat Shops. By the way, they are huge cats.

The next Happy Birthday goes out to Julie. I met Julie while I was living in Halifax and crafted with her and some other gals on a monthly basis. Miss those outings. She just recently got a new kitty cat!

So if you are so inclined stop over to their blogs, look around and maybe leave them a birthday wish!

Deborah - Fargo Cat Designs

Julie - Mutch To Stamp

Not too much to tell you about today's card. The image was colored with copics. Cool Greys 1, 3, 5, 7 and B93 (Light Crockery Blue) B95 (Light Grayish Cobalt) B97 (Night Blue). These blues remind me of country kitchen blue - remember that era. I liked blue!

I did punch a hole in the front of the card so the ball of yarn would show through from the inside.

In all honesty the part that took the longest on the card was cutting the nestabilities. I misplaced one of the metal circles on my desk and I don't know how long it took to find it. My desk was even messy but it was hid under a piece of cardstock.


Hope everyone has a great day - especially those birthday girls.

I think I'll share a very old scrapbook page with you tomorrow. I've had the pages done for a long time but just needed to add the journalling. Finally did that yesterday.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet card. I'll try to make one of these soon. Marlene

Julie Mutch said...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, Yvonne! I'm a few days behind in my blog surfing and I just saw your post, but I did get your birthday card in the mail and love it! Thanks so much! :)
Hugs,
Julie