Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vintage With Glimmer Mist

Good Morning,

Do you ever have to get a project done and it just won't come together? well that was me with this card. I had planned on going out of town this morning and wanted to have something to post today but just couldn't get my MOJO together last night. I had wanted to use some pattern paper and Glimmer Mist on the project. This was my first time with Glimmer Mist so that might have been part of the problem. Everything has a learning curve...so after watching a couple of videos I got working.

So lets start with the focal point...the pattern paper...it is a 12 x 12 mosiac by Donna Salazar. It is double-sided so click the link to view both sides. It can be cut in strips/squares/ 6 x 6 sections without destroying any of the designs. Pretty cool. I choose to use one square that is approximately 1.75" x 1.75".
The large background piece was ivory cardstock distressed with Tim Holtz inks - old paper, stormy night, tumbled glass. Cuttlebugged with the script folder.

Half the sheet of the mosiac paper. I have the other half already on a scrapbook page that I'll share tomorrow.

It's hard to see the glimmer but after I distressed it the paper was spritzed with Glimmer Mist - sand & riptide. Very Important - DO NOT SHAKE BOTTLE - this will cause air bubbles and you will get more splatter on your paper. Gently swirl the contents...it takes a little longer to mix up but worth the time. If you do get some splatters that you don't like just mop them up with a cloth or paper towel. Oh, one other important thing......the mist covers a large area...think about using a box to spray into...watch other materials that are close by!
This shows one piece of paper Glimmer Misted and embossed and the other piece of paper has no misting. Be sure to click on the pictures to see the difference. 
Grungeboard works well with Glimmer Mist too. The key was first distressed with Stormy Sky and then Riptide Glimmer Mist spritzed overtop.

Over at Fargo Cat Shops they have a set of the mists. Her kits have four bottles to a package. The kit I used was called Sand & Surf. There are three bottles that give off a color mist/glimmer and then there is one that gives off more of a clear coat. When sprayed it makes your paper shimmer. Just think how cool that would be for wedding cards. Now I'm getting my MOJO back.

Well I'm still pondering going to "The Great American Scrapbook Convention" in Arlington, TX. It starts today and goes until Saturday. There are lots of workshops and of course places to shop. My only problem it is a three hours drive from my place.

I'll be back tomorrow with a scrapbook page....

Yvonne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really nice yvonne....did you make the flower? I like it...
Sherry K