Monday, June 14, 2010

Little House Mouse Christmas

 Good Morning,

I know what you're thinking...Christmas ....get a life! If I don't start my cards early I won't have enough made by the time November comes.

Come on...they're so cute...and the colors...they are gorgeous...even if I say so myself. Wouldn't you like this cute little guy in your mailbox?

Firstly the cute little stamp is called "Stocking Full of Love" and can be found at Fargocat Shops. There are a few other Christmas ones over there too that catch my eye. I must admit I didn't make just one of these little guys I actually have three other completely different designs and colors combos that I'll share over the next few days just to give you some creative ideas.


This was very quick to put together. Let's start with the background. Cuttlebug folder "swiss dots" on white cardstock. Wait . . . do you see the shimmer on that cardstock. I spritzed it with Vanilla Smooch and the sentiment got a spritz too. Those snowflakes are my favorite element. They are a 12" strip called "Bazzill Just The Edge Strip - Christmas". The package I have has some green and some white strips. There's ornament, stocking, trees, snowflakes, holly, Christmas lights, snowmen to mention a few. You could use them as a border on a scrapbook page or cut them apart for cards. Remember I said they were green or white....lookie mine are blue... I spritzed them with Glimmer Mist - Riptide and then put a little pearl in the centre. you could use a brad, eyelet, button. Added some glitter to the snow around the sock. Do you see the pretty blue paper? That is Bazzill Bling and it has just the right sheen to add to that overall holiday glitz! Nestabilities to cut the image and layer.

Copic colors use
sock - B00 (Frost Blue), BG05 (Holiday Blue)
mice - E21 (Baby Skin Pink). E31 (Brick Beige), E33 (Sand), R20 (Blush) ears & nose
snow - Cool Gray C1 & 3

Blogger has been doing some strange things lately so on occassion something might look a little unusual, don't be alarmed!

Enjoy your day and do stop back soon to see more ideas. I will be showing you other ways to alter those Bazzill - Just the Edge Strips!

Yvonne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Yvonne, I like how you spritz the snowflakes...great idea.
Sherry K

Julie Mutch said...

Super cute, Yvonne! I love it! :)

I keep saying I'm going to start my cards early and it never happens...I don't know what's wrong with me, I just can't get that organized, I guess! lol :)

Hugs,
Julie