Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Layout Challenge - #122 - My Favorite Things

Good Morning....Happy June 1st!

The kids are all out for Summer Break here. Don't know when they go back to school.

Today's sketch is from Sketches! {by tamara}. Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team did with the sketch. There are some great layouts over there.

This week I used a picture of Adam when he was about 2. You probably can't read the journalling but he loved his "blankie & bunny". His auntie crocheted the afghan and the "Easter Bunny" brought him his bunny for his First Easter. We still have both items. Bunny sits in the guest room (just waiting for visitors) and the blankie is tucked away safely. Much larger than the original version (tug of wars, tents & security).

The pattern mat was cut with the cricut as were the stars. The stars were hard to do because the small ones are only about 1/2" I cut a shadow and a base. Put the base through the xyron to get it sticky and then put blue glitter on top. I love sparkly things. "My Favorite Things" was cut with Sizzlits. The little button on the corner of the picture - punched a circle out of the extra paper and attached to a piece of chipboard.

Around the outside of the navy mat and also next to the pattern paper I did faux stitching with a white gel pen.


I spent a little time yesterday at my new desk...I even put stuff away as I was finished with it...I wonder how long that practice will last....

Yvonne

2 comments:

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

cute! the faux stitching really adds to the page - nancy leb

Anonymous said...

Love the page Yvonne. 1st when I looked at the page I thought wow Xavier is getting big, then i thought, wow he looks like Adam...then i read the journaling...lol...
Sherry K