Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Big Apple"

Just as promised from yesterday I have a scrapbook page to share with you.
Last year I had found this scrapbooking site that offered weekly sketch challenges. I went there on and off all year and would sometimes use their sketch idea for a layout. I was busier last year and never took part in any of the challenges. This year, as I have a little more crafty time, I dropped by the site on Monday and found a new layout challenge.
If you go to 52Sketches52Weeks you can see the sketch that I based my layout on.

The photos were from our vacation to New York last June. I'm working on a co-ordinating page now for a two-page layout.
I used my cricut machine to cut the apples and the lettering. A fair bit of work piecing them all together. The big apple up in the corner has crystal effects over the red to give it a glossy look. The pattern paper was froma Basic Grey line at Christmas "Wassill" and the cardstock is a combination of Bazzill and Stampin' UP.

It was nice yesterday to get to meet one of my blog readers at the store. Hi Cindy!
Had a fun class last night as well and I'm putting my thinking cap on about having a sketch class there. (I'll talk to Kim some more today.) Best get moving as I do have to work this morning and I'll need to stop at Tim's for a coffee first.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hey, Yvonne:

It was so great to meet you and Kim yesterday. I love your store and have called several of my friends to encourage them to pop in the next time they are heading to the City. I tried out my new Nestability last night around 11:45 p.m. before heading to bed and I can't wait to try out my Dew Drops!!! Everyone needs some of these for sure!! Wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you again soon. God Bless!! Cindy