Monday, January 19, 2009

Valentine Treat

First things first...love it when you leave comments or would like additional information. Just a reminder though that if you don't leave me with an e-mail address or a link to your blog I can't get back in touch with you. The e-mail address that you use when you leave a comment does not show up to me. So Little GTO (Sharon)e-mail me with your address so I can send you the instructions.

Todays treat container. I bought the Valentine Hearts at Dollarama - Being a big spender they were 4/$1.00. They come in a long box skinny box.
The dimensions are 3 1/2 x 11" and I used Real Red cardstock. Scored at 3 1/2, 3 3/8, 7 1/8, 7 1/2. The extra folds are to make it stand. I used a heart shaped coluzzle for the opening. You could use a circle, square punch, your nestabilities. The opening gets cut in the end that is closest to the 3/8" score area. Just before you cut stop and remember that you are going to be folding this piece up so if you're making a heart shape make sure the heart is going the right direction after it will be folded. I used the swiss dots on the background of the front of the container. Stamp or write on the inside and then fold on score lines and attach using eyelets, brads or double sided tape. I also placed double sided tape on the back of the chocolate so it would stay in place.
For the front the sizes of the cardstock were 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 and increase by a 1/4 with each layer added. I stamped in red craft ink and clear embossed the Hugs & Kisses. The red heart was glossed up with Crystal Effects.



The word out there is, "The roads are ugly - stay home today."

Yvonne

No comments: