I played yesterday with a stamp set I've had for a year but hadn't mounted. I know I'm bad. It was a set from Stampin' Up's last years Sell-a-bration promotion. Once I got going with the card it was really fun.
So to start off with this is a tri-fold card. 4 x 10" scored at 3 3/8 & 6 3/4" which leaves about 3 1/4" for the last page. You do want this a tiny bit smaller than the other two sections so it will fold nicely into a card without buckling.
The front is stamped in black and colored in using Stampin' Up markers. I added some dazzling diamond glitter to the flower for just a splash of glitz. The brad hearts are on the corners...I thought they just matched. The green triangle for the corners are simply a 3/4" square cut in half.
For the next section there was a tiny heart stamp so using black ink again I randomly stamped hearts all over the white cardstock and colored in with markers. Also had a small sentiment stamp that was just perfect so added that. I used 1 1/4" punch for the circle on the green cardstock and 1 3/8" circle punch for the white cardstock. With red cardstock I punched out a 1 3/8" circle and then used my scallop punch and centered it over the hole and punched out the scallop. Glued all that together.
Inside stamped my bee on white cardstock and then punched using the 1 1/4" followed by punching out a green circle 1 3/8" for layering. Colored the bee and added dazzling diamonds to the wings. (click on the photos to see clearly). Same stamp set had a flower stamp and randomly stamped that at the top of the card and again used markers for coloring. Didn't worry about any shading on this card - it's meant to be just cute. Popped the bee up on dimensionals so he would fit through the hole on the right hand side. Added my Happy Valentine's Day stamp in red at the bottom.
With all these Valentine cards I've been making I'm going to have to get some of them into the mail.
Have a good week-end everyone.