Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bugs & Wishes

Today's post is a card for my nephew in Whitehorse. He's turning six in a few days and thought I should send him up a little surprise. I like working with bright colors but many of my card recipients don't want such a bold look!
Using a circle punch I created window to showcase images through. Give it a try for a different look to your cards. Perhaps you'll only punch one hole or two. Don't try and make it symmetrical, go for a one here or there. You'll be surprised how unique the card becomes.

The tag was colored in using markers so I could have a two-color effect. Use those markers if you only want to stamp part of a image or sentiment. Another idea if you want to stamp only part of something. Place scotch tape over the area you don't want stamped. Ink up your stamp.....peal the tape away and stamp your image. Simple and no fuss trying to ink up just the part of the stamp you want inked.

Almost have my scrapbook pages from Sunday finished. Just waiting for a little information so I can finish a little bit of journalling. I finished one job yesterday and my last one I should finish up today. I'm excited. I don't have to go in first thing this morning so I'm sitting here with a coffee (Irish Cream for anybody who drinks the flavoured), blogging and then I will hit the treadmill before I leave. Almost feel guilty for sitting around....okay...not really. lol

Have a Great Day!

Yvonne

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

Love this card, Yvonne! Your nephew will love it, too, I'm sure! I love the bright colours and the bugs are adorable. :)

Glad to hear that you can finally relax a bit. You deserve it! I'm looking forward to us all getting together at the end of the month. See ya soon! :)

Hugs,
Julie