Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thank You X 3

Good Morning....this maybe a day to stay home indoors. Feels a little chilly out there and I don't think it's warming up much. So get a coffee and enjoy.

The group of people I worked with had a retirement party for me and I wanted to send out some thank you cards. The first card is done using the argyle folder and one of the border folders. The paper for the argyle folder is Co-ordinations and I sanded it. I love that look. The stamped images are from Stampin' Up! Notice how glossy the flowers or berries are. After I had watercolored them with Twinkling H20's I used Crystal Effects over the top to give a raised shiny appearance. (You might have to click on the photo.) The little berries going down the side of the card have little white dots of liquid pearls. When you use that stuff - less is better. If you try to make to big of a dot it will look more like a glob.

This thank you card I used birds and swirls and my favorite versatile folder, swiss dots. The cardstock is from the "In Colors" Red Riding Hood as is the ribbon.

Here I played with the alcohol inks again and used the textile folder for the background. The layers are all cut from a nestability set called Labels. I used chalks for coloring in the background. I choose this card as the person it is going to just came back from a tropical vacation.

I think today I need to focus on a little housework and last night I did watercolor some Valentine cards so I'll need to think about assembling those.

Stay Warm!

Yvonne

2 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

You've been busy Miss Yvonne! These cards are gorgeous! I love the Red Riding Hood and black card - just stunning! Your first card is beautiful, too and the little touch of liquid pearls along the side is such a nice effect. Great cards! Thanks for sharing! :)

See ya soon!
Hugs,
Julie

Deborah March said...

Nicely done Yvonne! And okay, I'll wait (impatiently I might add) for you to unveil your previous post's instructions at one of our get-togethers. You always bring plans for us to make such INTERESTING things!!