Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shoebox Swap Project


Yesterday Deborah Lecreax held a gathering for all individuals in her downline. It was a great day! She provided us with three make & take projects (which I will show at a later date) and then some of us also particpated in a shoe box swap. We all brought an unmade project and all the supplies to duplicate it for the number of participants. In this case we came home with 18 different projects, I think, I haven't unpacked and checked! So today I'll share what my projects was and the dimensions.
The green cardstock size 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 2" & 5 1/2". There was an additional orange piece cut at 2 1/4" x 5 1/2", which was glued under the top flap. I used the scallop circle punch and the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" punch to embelish the front. The little pocket on the inside of the project is a white lunch bag cut at 3". You could also use a brown paperbag. You can get two inserts from one lunch bag. If you really like the white bags, I found them hard to find but finally located them at "Parties R Us" in Halifax.
I got the idea from Dawns Stampin Thoughts - this is a tutorial from her if you're a visual person.
No time for additional chit chat, my son and future daughter-in-law are coming up today for a visit and we'll be looking at some designs for wedding invitations. WooHoo!
Yvonne





1 comment:

Maria said...

Awesome job on the envelope pocket card!! Sounds like you had a fun make and take!! It's always fun getting together with other crafters!

Maria