Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tutorial - Easter Box - Kristen Don't Read Today's Post!

Good Morning!

This is a quick tutorial on making a little box to hold some Easter goodies.

I bought some chocolate bunnys and chicks at the grocery store. The container the chocolate came in is about 2" x 5" long.

Sizing on paper - 6 1/2" square

Score at 3/4",2 7/8", 3 5/8", 5 3/4"

Rotate paper quarter turn and score at 3/4" & 5 3/4"

Snip paper to the 3/4" fold  on each end. This makes the flaps to fold the box.

The paper is printed from the Blossom Imagine cartridge. Isn't it pretty?
Keep in mind when you are doing your score lines how you want your pattern paper to look at a folded up box.

You can see here how the chocolate box fits in...nothing is taped into place yet.
(Making sure my measurement were accurate)

I used good double sided tape to hold the box together.

Chocolate in. Top folds nicely over.

Just left to decorate the top.
I think the chick and saying are from Create A Critter.
I really have to write these things down as I'm making the project otherwise I simply forget.

The bunnys on this box are cut from the Easter 2010 cartridge.
Do you get the joke???? One bunny is saying "Happy Easter"......

and the other bunny can't hear cause someone ate his ear. lol

I'm also entering this project over at Creative Critterz Imagination Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Enjoy the week-end.

Yvonne

3 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

So cute Yvonne you sure have been playing in your craft room alot lately.

Crafting Katie said...

These are soooo cute! Love your bunnies with their phrases, and the little bird box is adorable! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Critterz Imaginations Easter Challenge!

Edna Marie said...

What a super creative idea I love it!!! I am always looking for fun treat boxes and this is just perfect, thank you for joining us at the Creative Critterz Easter Challenge :)