Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mini Backpack

Hi There,

I've got quite a few projects I need to upload to share with you.

Easter is coming and I've made a few things for the children that live nearby.

The first is a little backpack filled with Easter chocolate. I think it is adorable.

I got the idea from Splitcoaststampers. If you click on the link it will take you to the directions.

I did alter the directions a little cause I'm not fond  of cutting out templates from the computer. So the main part of the backpack was cut at 9 1/4 x 5 1/4" Scored at 1 1/2, 4 1/2, 6, & 9". Rotate paper and score at 1 1/4". You will need to snip to the score line so you can fold the bottom for the box.

If you read their directions it will be clear. I always do a practice run on printer paper to get the idea of how it goes together.

I did download the flaps so I could use them as a template. If you end up using my dimensions it will be slightly larger than the dowloads so just take that into consideration when you are cutting the width for the paper flaps.


Velcro to keep it closed.
Stop back to see me tomorrow. I'll have some door hangers to show you!

Yvonne

3 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love the colors you used for the backpack. These are so cute I made them at Christmas time too .

Sherry Keith said...

Really cute Yvonne, I am sure the kids will love them.

Sherry Keith said...

Happy Easter to you and Kevin!!!