Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine Robotz

Good Morning...

Look what I created yesterday. I had so much fun using my Robotz cartridge on yesterdays scrapbook page that I wanted to try one of the 3D Robots. He was cut at 10" tall and stand about that high if you include the antenna. See all those little silver dots. I outlined every side of this guy doing that. Thought it would look like steel rivits. Sponged all the edges with ink too. There are 6 different 3-D robot shapes on this cartridge as well as fonts, 46 different robot icons, a window card feature, a retro botz (which I think is a simpliar version of the robot - not as many layers). A great boy cartridge.  Oh, Oh, Oh, just looking at the book again and those Retro Botz would be good for fridge magnets and I could put a different letter of the alphabet on each robot tummy.  I'll keep you posted on how this idea flies.

My plan is to fill the centre box with candy and give it to one of the neighbor kids. I put a heart punchout in his hand to make it more Valentiney!

I checked out FargoCat Designs and see Deborah is starting to post regarding the new items on order. I ordered a couple of the La Blance stamps so hopefully those come quickly so I can play. Tim Holtz items are already up as well.  Just a reminder that if you are looking for a crop to go to Deborah is having one in Port Hawkesbury. Details on her blog. There are great incentives to pre-register (I think by Feb 14th.).

There is a challenge going on over at http://papercubed.blogspot.com/  now  until the end of the month.

Back to the crafty desk.

Have a great day!

Yvonne

11 comments:

Melissa said...

So stinkin' cute!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Steph said...

If you make magnets for your fridge he'll have a great time showing off his alphabet to you in 10 days ;) As I'm sure was your thoughts exactly :) I love the bot, btw. The rivets outline him wonderfully!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is so cute and what a great idea to fill with candy for Valentines.
Snowing here again today so a great day to stay inside and spend some time in my craft room

Lorrinda said...

This is awesome!Loving the little rivets, and the heart in his hand. Great valentine project for those boys that are repulsed by pink and lace, but still like to get the candy :)
Thanks for joining us at P3 this month!

wimpy@eastlink.ca said...

Marlene said: Hey! That's neat.

Scrappycath said...

He is so adorable!

Julie Mutch said...

This is adorable, Yvonne. Your neighbour's boy will love this, especially if it's filled with candy!

Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

Hugs,
Julie

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

this is so cute, wonderful for little boys. Can't wait til my little grandson is old enough to know about robots and Valentines. Thanks for joining us at P3.

Sandy

Kim said...

I love this! My son is robot crazy and would adore one of these, maybe I will have to get that cart! Thanks so much for playing along at paper cubed!

TRACEY O said...

Fantastic project. Love it.

ReRe said...

The neighborhood kid who receives that is very lucky! It is absolutely adorable. I saw a picture of on pintrest and that's how I ended up here. I wish I could make such awesomeness b/c my lil man would probably flip out over this. Wanna be our neighbor?? LoL