Saturday, February 12, 2011

Posies

Good Morning

I had this card ready to go yesterday but didn't get the pictures taken. I was too busy making robots. I'm up to 13...to bad the alphabet has 26 letters. I'm only half way there. Sure hope Xavier has a big fridge for all his robots. I'm thinking we might have to paint a wall in his room. There is special paint that you can use to make the wall magnetic and you can paint over it with regular paint. Each robot is about 5" tall and some of them as wide. lol Nana has nothing in her house that the magnets will stick too. Everything is stainless...finally had to go to Poppy's garage and put them on his tool box.....I wonder if he'll notice...perhaps I should put them on the wood working tools. hmmm.

Lots of different tools and techniques today. The pocket and saying are from Stampin' Up. I started with a plain piece of Vanilla cardstock and inked a large textured background stamp with Tim Holtz Stormy Sky ink. Then with black ink stamped the pocket cut it out and stamped the sentiment with walnut in.  Distressed the edges of both with Walnut ink as well.

The flowers are made using the Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies. Usually I stamp the image on colored cardstock and cut out but today I stamp with black ink on vanilla cardstock and then colored the flowers with copic markers. You can customize the color and it's a little easier that way to match your pattern paper.  My paper was double sided and came from my scrap pile. I also created petals dropping and attached those to the card with Ranger - Glossy Accents. It dries quickly and will create a little dimension cause it is thick so the petals will keep a rounded shape versus glued flat to the card.
FargoCat Shops have some of the new Heartfelt Creation stamps and dies up on her site.

Tomorrow I have used the same stamps/supplies but have colored the flowers using a different method.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit today.

Yvonne

3 comments:

marlene said...

don't you just love the summery-spring colors in this card. Adorable!

sherry said...

Awesome card Yvonne. I forgot I have this stamp set too, will have to dig it out...Have a wonderfuk Valentines Day!!!
Sherry

Sherry said...

OOPS!!!! Sorry this should have read wonderful....Sorry Yvonne....LOL