Friday, November 27, 2009

Paisley Page

Good Morning,

Yesterday I enjoyed the US Thanksgiving. Just the two of us but I actually cooked a turkey and all the trimmings. I actually think it was about the best tasting bird I've ever cooked. Lots of flavor. Even made an apple pie from scratch. Do you know how hard it is to find a recipe for the apple filling. I looked through my cookbooks, or some of them and couldn't find my recipe so I headed online. I ended up with one that had way to much cinnamon. It was still good but not the way I remember it. Guess Christmas is coming and I can try again. lol

My scrapbook page today is of course little Xavier. It sort of goes with page I did a few days ago. The picture in the top right hand corner is my DS when he was about 5 months old. Xavier is about 6 1/2 months in this picture but he is wearing the same vest and moccasins that his Daddy wore.

The paper was from Costco. Double sided pattern paper, no cardstock used. Covered pieces of chipboard and sanded the edges with matching paper. The square fame under DS was sanded on the edges as well. The whole page has a distressed feel to it. Tied pieces of hemp between the two pieces of red paper.

Today I'm not shopping any Black Friday sales. I'm hoping everybody is shopping and we are going to the Texas Renaissance Festival. Looks like it will be fun and it's not very far away from our place. I'll let you know how it went!

Enjoy your Friday.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Steph said...

So cute, I'm really loving the pages with the two of them on it. I think the more family the better :)