Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ornaments

Goodness! Can't believe it is Wednesday.

I've had stuff to share but not the time to share it. I've been busy trying to find a car so I won't be housebound. Yes, I know I'm in a large centre but they do not have public transit. If I could hop a bus to get to the mall I would, but I can't. So after two days of driving to dealerships, searching the Internet for the last month I ended up with a VW Eos. It wasn't on my list when I left the house yesterday morning but the deal was right and I liked the car. It's a convertible - that was my requirement. lol

Today's card I completed on the week-end and actually made four. Got to get those Christmas cards done. Did you know it is the 25th of November and that makes it ONE month till Christmas. I don't even want to think about it yet but I can't keep pretending forever that it's not coming.

The cutout ornaments on the card are from a retired SU set called "ornamassortment". I had bought it but never really used it as I found it difficult to color in. I used the copics to color in this time and it worked very well. If you look closely I also used Diamond stickles to embellish the ornaments. I sometimes have trouble with the stickles making sure it doesn't look to globby. Is that a word? Anyway when drawing the little lines on the ornaments I kept the tip right to the paper and moved slowly and that seemed to help. The ornament paper was bought at Hobby Lobby a few days ago. Cuttlebugged the green paper behind the ornaments. Anything that has a gold edging to it was done with a gold Krylon pen. Dimensionals were added behind the green cardstock for the saying and the cuttlebugged piece. Three of the four cards got gold ribbon and the other has three gold dew drops in place of the ribbon. I think I preferred the ribbon. Makes me think about unwrapping presents or wrapping. lol

I'll share a scrapbook page tomorrow.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes globby is a word I understood it... LOL great job Yvonne

Cheryl said...

Great Christmas card Yvonne! Glad you found wheels you like!