Monday, November 16, 2009

Asian Flair

Good Morning All You Bloggers!

Talk about the card first and then a story update!

This is another card I did at Terri Mill's class. I thought it was very pretty and exceptionally quick. The color of the cardstock is Razzleberry and the pattern paper is Razzleberry Lemonade. What do you think of the lattice work. Used black & razzleberry cardstock with the lattice die from Stampin' Up. The two are offset so the black shadows the razzleberry but apparently my photography skills could be better. The lady is from the set "Dream Garden" and is black embossed. Popdots to give some dimension and you're finished.



Spent Friday & Saturday shopping. I bought a bed-in-a-bag for the bedroom. First try I got it home and it was missing the bedskirt. Back to the store Saturday. There were some great deals. Won't bore you with details but aside from getting it at 50% off they also had a promo for every $50.00 spent you got $10.00 coupon for this week. Yea, I know...I've picked out the shoes I want. lol

My goal Saturday was to make it to some outlet stores that are just 20 minutes from the house. On the way there I stopped at a Hobby Lobby. WOW! Never been in one before. Just not crafts. Home Decor too! There was lots of things but I came out of there with just two pieces of pattern paper and brads. I was thinking Christmas cards. There was a Michaels just down the road from there but I didn't stop...I was so good. Ooops there's another Kohls store...that was the chain I bought the bedspread at. Stopped just for a look and that is where I found the shoes that I want. Spent an hour trying to decide to buy them now or wait to use my coupon. My good sense prevailed and I'll drive back out this week. Oh a Bed, Bath & Beyond within walking distance, must take a peak. Okay finished there, now I'm too tired to keep heading to the outlet stores and I still have to stop at the grocery store. Oh well, another day. lol I can remember the old days when I could power shop for 12 hours and then still pick up a major grocery order before heading back home which was a two hour drive. Maybe I need to train better.

That about covers the week-end. I am working on a scrapbook page too. Maybe tomorrow I'll have it finished.

Enjoy.

Yvonne

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a very pretty card... if you have the die to that lattice you can cut five of them fold them in the middle and make a really pretty ornament I saw that some where...Sounds like your really enjoying your time there in Texas!!1 I'm glad to hear that and keep up the good work

Cheryl said...

Your card is wonderful! Love that lattice piece for sure. I know exactly what you mean about shopping, I went with 3 friends today and made it to Hobby Lobby and Michael's had lunch and then home. Enough for one day.