Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wish List and Blog Candy! Yum!

Good Morning!

Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! he he. I know if you're like me you probably haven't done much in the shopping department yet...well my goal for the next six weeks will be to help your family and friends shop for you! Think about it...no electric can openers, frying pans, crock pots (bought to make your life easier) or anything else that is kitchen related.

Deborah over at Fargo Cat Shops will be setting up individual wish lists. All you have to do is e-mail Deborah your list and then direct your family and friends to her.

My part in all this is I'm going to share with you some of my favorite tools/products that I use and why I like them.

So my first feature item is the Tim Holtz - Design Ruler.

It has so many features - a grid background for perfect placement
                                   - a center measuring guide
                                   - a straight edge for drawing lines
                                   - a metal edge for cutting
                                   - evenly spaced holes for paper piercing

Personally my favorite features of the ruler are the center measuring guide and the paper piercing guide. The center measuring guide is great for scrapbooking and titles but I use it a lot on cards too especially to evenly space embellishments without the hassle of being a mathematician.



This is a great video showing you how to use  the Design Ruler.

The price on the Tim Holtz Design Ruler is $6.00. Be sure to contact Deborah early so if the item isn't in stock she will have time to order them in.

Just to make this a little more interesting I'm going to offer up some Blog Candy. Each Wednesday until the 10th of December I will have a post featuring something for a wish list. All you have to do to enter is leave a comment for me. At the end of the six weeks I will draw one winner from ALL the comments received on the wish list posts. Always looking to increase my blogger friends so please pass this along if you like or link to your blog.

Have a great day!
PS - As I add things to the Blog Candy stash I'll post some pics. :)

Yvonne

5 comments:

marlene said...

Thanks for the valuable info. on the Tim Holtz ruler. Awsome! I'll order asap.

featheredheaven said...

Hey Yvonne!
Thanks for the information about this ruler. My friend and I saw one and had no clue as to what every detail on the ruler could be used for! Looking forward to watching the video as well! Thanks!
Sue

Unknown said...

Hi Yvonne, I always enjoyed it when you shared your info on your favorite tools and all the creative uses you found for them!! The video will be a great help as well. Janice

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne,I have had this ruler for at least a year now. I love it and use it all the time.
Have a great day
Sherry K

Sharon said...

I've had this ruler for about a year and it's indespensible! My favourite use is for faux stitching.

Sharon