Friday, October 29, 2010

Playing With Pattern Paper

Good Evening....I am a little late on my post today but better late than never!

As promised I'm posting a scrapbook page and I'll give you my take on working with pattern paper.

You can see on this layout I've incorporated a very busy background paper as the base. Along with that I've added circles of pattern green, orange and blue. Each piece has it's own design.

The easiest way to ensure the patterns will match is to use co-ordinating paper sheets from the same paper line. In this case I used "Delight" by Fancy Pants Design. To separate the patterns I layered everything in a chocolate brown cardstock.


The additional flower border was done with the Gypsy and Easter cartridge. There are three orange flower eyelets outside of each of the circles.
All the brown flowers and the word "You" are felt punch-outs.
These are definitely busier pages than I usually do!

These pics were taken in September when Kristen came for a visit. We went kayaking one afternoon. The weather was perfect that day and not too, too hot. Just before we climbed out there to sit on that rock another lady had been out there having her picture taken but when she was stepping back across the water to the sidewalk her foot slipped on the rocks and she fell completely into the water. We from head to toe! There was a lot of algae on the rocks causing them to be very slippery.

Now for my teaser about Wednesday's post.... two words Christmas...Shopping

Off to San Antonio early tomorrow morning. Should be fun and returning on Monday.

Enjoy your week-end!

Yvonne

1 comment:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful pages Yvonne love the LO too
Marilyn