Thursday, October 7, 2010

Treats!

Good Morning,

Deborah asked me to pass a message on:

Please note:


Fargocat Designs blog may be down for a couple of days until I secure the domain name.

Just keep checking back and I will have Yvonne post when I am back up.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will post my open hours on my Facebook Page.

Thanks,

Deborah
 
Onto todays project...I was finishing up my other "Boo" basket for another neighbor. They have children so I made up some treats for the cauldron.
 
I'll start by saying "Sorry" for the fuzzy pic. I guess I was in a hurry.
 
I put candy inside a cellophane bag and created a cover.
 
Directions: 4 1/4" x 11" cardstock,
Scored at 1", 5 1/2", 6", 6 1/2" (the last three score line create an accordian fold for the base. You can omit the 6" score line if you want it flat.)
 
Pattern paper 3/4" x 4 for flap
                      4" x 4 1/4"
 
I used Spellbinders circle to cut a hole in the front through both layers (pattern paper and cardstock). When you are positioning the circle keep it closer to the bottom of the container cause you will lose and 1" from the top when the flap is folded down.
I tape the top part of the cellophane bag in place folded the flap over, punched two holes and threaded ribbon through to hold it tight.
These little treats have a chocolate that are round like a peppermint paddy.
The spider legs are done using two different sizes of a photocorner punch. The eyes and nose are 1/2" punch with the black dot on the eye 1/4" punch. I used a scallop circle punch but any of your nestability circles or scallops would be great. The other treats are pretty self-explantory.

If you've left me a comment and I haven't replied directly to you it's because I don't have an e-mail address for you. Please check back to the comments section where you left your inquiry as I responded there.

Off to finish that scrapbook page.

Yvonne

2 comments:

sandy said...

love the spider, might do it for the kids at work

Julie Mutch said...

These are so cute, Yvonne. I remember when you did some of these up for our crafty group and gave some to my girls - they loved them! Such a cute idea and hey, you can't go wrong with chocolates inside! lol :)