Monday, April 5, 2010

Go Girl Go!

First off I would like to say how proud I am of my DD for having competed in her first 5K race. She's worked hard at it and it payed off!

She knew Mom would be doing some scrapbooking so made sure she took some photos just for me.  She's the crafty sort too so understands how important it is.

The first page I followed a sketch on Imaginisces's blogs. I was going to link the page to their website but didn't realize I needed to use 75% of their product to be able to link the post. Oh well, I had fun playing along anyway.

I like how she took photo's of her shoes, medal and her number. The green strip across the page was crimped in a paper crimper. Just remember if it goes through crooked the first time or you don't like it you can keep re-crimping it until you get it right. I used the cricut for the words and silhouette images. Added a little dragon fly to match the other page.
The pattern paper is from Urban Lily and I actually bought it at a garage sale. I liked the lilies on the page and wanted to soften the look a little so I cut around the flowers so I could slip the photo mat in behind. I had to laugh at the picture of her warming up...on her facebook she said she should have been spending more time on stretching instead of hamming it up. I liked it.

The quote at the bottom says
"All of our dreams can come true - -
if we have the courage to pursue them."
                                  Walt Disney

That's all I've got for today...the scrapbook pages too me all of yesterday. I'm so slow sometimes.

Enjoy your Monday and thanks for stopping by....Yvonne

No comments: