Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1st Birthday - Cricut Card

Hello There,

Well here is little Xavier's Birthday card. I really struggled with his card - nothing seemed to turn out right when I was doing it.

For starters the base of this card was design with my "Gypsy" (you could use design studio too). I took the rectangle from "George & Basic Shapes and sized it to 4" x 5 1/2 to start. Next I took the cupcake from Doodlecharm and used the shadow icon. I sized the cupcake to 3". Next weld the cupcake to one side of the rectangle. On the gypsy I duplicated the image and then flip the design so I would have the mirror image. Then weld both halves together and you have a shaped card.

Ithen proceeded to create the layers for the cupcake and added stickles and inking for extra dimension.

I used the masking effect on the balloons and free handed the string. Happy Birthday! was stamped and layered using my Nestabilities.

Planting Schoolbook was the font used for the 1st.


I did finally get everything in the mail - packages of goodies for some of you and some family cards. What a line-up at the post office. The 15th is the deadline for taxes here and I think everyone waited till the last minute to mail it out.

So if you do have the Cricut don't be afraid to play around with it...it's the only way to learn all the neat things it can do.

Have a good day!

Yvonne

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

Oh, Yvonne, this is fabulous! I love the way you did the cupcake - very neat! This will be a keeper, for sure and little Xavier will appreciate it years down the road, 'cause you know his Mum will scrapbook it! :)