Monday, April 12, 2010

Boys & Dinosaurs!

Good Afternoon!

Well I've been meaning to post this for a few days now but just didn't have it photographed.

I was still struggling with getting a birthday card made for Xavier. I think it's been a month that I've been working on an idea...and none of them want to turn out the way Nana has it envisioned. Will he care...no, but I do! So today's card is one that didn't make it for him however I do have a little nephew I can send it to.

So to start out the images are from a discontinued SU set called "Dinomite".
The celery background was embossed using one of the new Sizzix releases - animal prints. The brown strip across the card was created using the crimper with a bit of ribbon overtop. The dinosaur was stamped, then cut out and Holly stickles added for the dots. Markers were used to color in the palm trees so they were two-toned. Add a few dimensionals and you're done.


I haven't posted on blogger for a few days and they seem to have changed a few things. For starters, how to upload the photos...took me awhile to figure that one out. Looks like you can add video clips now too. Maybe it was always there but I don't remember it.

Tomorrow I will share Xavier's card. For a hint I used the Cricut on it so you may want to check this out!

Thanks for looking and enjoy your day.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

This is really cute, Yvonne. Can't wait to see Xavier's card tomorrow to see what you did with the Cricut.

Have a great day! :)
Hugs,
Julie