Well lots of things to talk about this morning.
First off...I only had one person upload their take on my January sketch. Congratulations to Marilyn! So MARILYN if you will send me an e-mail with your mailing address I have a little something I'll pop in the mail to you. Thanks for playing!
I decided to do another Sketch for February and hopefully we will have a few more participants. I will be including a small prize (some goodies from my stash)for one lucky winner. I will do a random draw from entrants. As before if you don't have a blog to link your creation to you can e-mail your card to me and I'll post it.
My take on the sketch. Grey cardstock is from Stampin' Up. Lilac is Core-diantion embossed with Swiss dots and sanded. Stampin' Up's ticket corner punch for the corners with the vase. Striped pattern paper was from my scraps bin. Do you like the flower border? Funny...it looks so similiar to one of the cards I posted last week that had a fabric flower border. This is a new punch from EK Success that I got at CHA with one of my kits. It's so pretty. There are little holes in the centre of the flower but I covered those up with some bling. The words on the tab are a rub-on. I really am trying to use stuff I own. And I'm still playing with the flower soft. All the Flower Soft I've been using is the regular thickness not the ultrafine. The ultrafine was just showcased at CHA so it will take a little while for it to get to the stores.
Here's a little tutorial on how to make the flower stems. Start with about a 2" floral wire. Apply for glue to only one side. It will automatically run to the other side. This way you won't get too much and have it dripping everywhere.
Hold the flower stem over your container of flower soft and generously sprinkle flower soft over top. We were told at CHA not to roll it into the flower soft. By sprinkling it over top (like we do glitter) it will keep the stem having a softer look. Most flowers aren't solid with blooms but a little airy. When done just tap gently on the end of the stem to get rid of any extra that isn't attached to the glue.
Place in a piece of foam and let dry. Once dry you can shape it anyway you want.