Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! - Sketches For You!

Here we are...2010!

Do you wonder what this year holds for you? I do! Just when life starts to settle down something usually happens to spice it up. I already know January will be busy. DD leaves on the 4th and then hubby leaves on the 11th for a week. He gets back and I leave to go to the CHA show in California and that pretty much takes care of January.

Did you do your resolutions last night? Mine are the same. I usually lose the weight I want to over the year and then put it back on at Christmas. lol You'd think I'd learn. I also want to be more consistent in my blogging. I have a new cartridge for my Cricut that makes calendars. More specifically cuts the grid and the numbers nicely. I want to to do one page per month of the calendar so next Christmas I can give them for gifts. A 2011 calendar. Other than that, just remember to enjoy what we have here and now as the future will always become the present and there is no point in wishing our time away.

I've been toying with the idea of posting a card or scrapbook sketch once or twice a month and getting people to play along by uploading links to their cards. Is that something you would play along with? I've gone ahead and posted the first card sketch. These are my designs to the best of my knowledge.

Oh look. Here's that cute little mouse in my house again. This time he's in the orange juice. Is it really JUST orange juise though...after all it was New Years! Cuttlebugged the background with the bubble folder and liked the addition of the buttons for something different.




Just click on the link below to post your card creation. Bear with me on this process as I'm just trying to figure out "Mr. Linky". If you don't have a blog you can send me a scan of your card and I'll try and figure out how to upload it. It'll be a learning process for all of us.My e-mail ybalmer@hotmail.com



Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will try to do this I don't have a link but I can scan mine and send it to you might be fun to try.. Peter and I went down to the BT New Years Eve celebration at the Halifax square last night We had a real good time...I will keep in touch HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Julie Mutch said...

Happy New Year, Yvonne! Sounds like you had a nice holiday.

We had a nice holiday and just returned home tonight from Jim's Dad's in New Brunswick. First year without his Mom was hard but we had a nice time with his Dad and the girls got to play in the land of snow so they had fun. :)

I'm looking forward to trying your sketch tomorrow for my first card of 2010! I love the idea of you adding sketches to your blog - it'll be fun to play along. :)

Take care!
Hugs,
Julie