Friday, July 2, 2010

Stand Up Card

 Good Morning Bloggers...

Well this has been a painful experience trying to get these photos uploaded. My desktop computer last night has quit working. It hasn't really worked well since fall and I knew we were NOT supposed to install Windows 7. Somebody thought we should do an update...I can't access the internet anymore from that computer. It needs to be taken to the doctor.

So I had to upload the pics to my laptop and then to blogger. I don't know what was wrong with blogger this morning...but it was like watching grass grow as it was uploading. Ugh!

Onto the card...dimensions. 5 1/2" x 12" Scored at 2", 4" 8" & 10". From the 4 & 8" scores you will need to cut off a diagonal. The height of the outside edge is 2 1/2" (You're measuring down 3" from the top).
I did color the image with my copics but I can't really give you a good color description as I went over the image with different colors until I liked the outcome. Paisley cuttlebug folder in the background.The little flowers on the edge and the ruffle edging on the side of the card are from an old Stampin' Up Scrapbook Kit. They are die cuts but worked perfectly on the card. The stamp was from a set I got at CHA. It was a variety pack, clear mounted don't remember the manufacturer.
Very easy card to make and folds up 4" x 5 1/2".

Back View
Still raining here and looks like it will for the next few days. Hope it clears for fireworks on July 4th.

Have yourself a great week-end.

Yvonne


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice card Yvonne, I will have to give this one a go this weekend. Another excuse to use the copic markers....I love them
Sherry K

Brenda said...

Love this stand up card. What a great ides. I love the effect you get with the copics, I haven't had a lot of priactice with the ones I have yet, but your posts are very inspirational.
Thanks

Nancy Wyatt said...

Lovely card! Have you ever tried using Microsoft LiveWriter to do your blogging to blogspot? I use it, it's free and it makes blogging so much nicer! Thanks for the follow!! I look forward to following you as well! hugs from Conroe, TX