Monday, June 29, 2009

Peonies

Good Morning,
Another lovely day in Nova Scotia. It's raining yet again...so I thought we could use a little pick me up and I would share at least a sunny, cherry card.
House Mouse stamp colored with copic markers. Swiss dots was used for the background. Cardstock colors are certainly celery and retired mauve mist. The sentiment is a retired PSX stamp. Word window punch to make the tabs.

I did get a few cards made yesterday. Played around with the alcohol inks and was very happy with the results. Also I used the new Spellbinders Dahlia die. Those cards turned out pretty good too. I'll mix some of these cards in with my copic creations.

Certainly a good thing I went outside with my camera yesterday and snapped a few pictures. These are taken in our backyard by the pond. The peonies are in full bloom.
Thought I would share a couple pictures with you as I was really happy to figure out the color accent on my camera. Reading the instructions and then playing with it really helps. It's so neat how you can get part of the picture in color and the rest in black & white. You just decide which color in the photo you want to remain and only those items that are the specified color will photograph in color and the rest become black & white. When Xavier comes over I want to try photographing some pics of him using this technique. I think I might scrapbook a page of these flowers. I have an idea in mind.






















This picture shows the reflection of the peonies in the pond. Doesn't look like I got any pictures of the fish swimming around.

That's all for today. I'll be back tomorrow as I have lots of cards still to share.

Yvonne

No comments: