Friday, June 12, 2009

Coredinations & Cuttlebug

Hi There Bloggers,

It's Friday. Rainy, but Friday. Got any big plans for the week-end? We're thinking about heading to PEI to see Xavier. Word is he's smiling and laughing now. I think my camera needs a trip. Better make sure the battery is fully charged.

Nobody commented on "Picture Pages", the trivia...Picture Pages were first introduced by Captain Kangaroo and then Bill Cosby took them over.

I seem to go in spurts using certain supplies. I was on a mission to make some manly cards and dug out my trusty sailboat/lighthouse set. I then wanted to use something other than pattern paper for the background. I didn't have anymore that matched. Do they not say "Necessity is the mother of invention?". Anyway, I was having trouble finding cardstock to match and then I went to my stash of core'dination. I seem to have it in my head that I can only use this for embossing or distressing, can't seem to think of it as regular cardstock. After making the move to use it I decided I still needed to emboss it. After I did that it still seemed pretty plain so I sanded it and then lightly rubbed blue ink over the embossed areas. Ended up just looking tacky, so I flipped it over and sanded the other side. Took a good look at it and decided I really liked the subtle look of the two shades. I did a little paper piercing around the edge of the blue. The sentiment is on there straight...must have been the angle the card was sitting at when the photo was taken.
The second card is just a different size with brads and hemp to accessorize.




Think I'm going out to supper tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.

Scrapbook page tomorrow...hint...it's of Grizzley!

Yvonne

2 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Great cards Yvonne! love them both!
Mary-Jane

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards. So sharp looking.