Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happiness Is A Journey - Alcohol Inks

Good Day,

Hard to believe that it is already June 30th. Summer will be here soon....or fall if we wait to long. I'm confident that it is going to warm up soon and dry up.

The cards for today are made using Stampin' Up set "Happiness Is A Journey". Once again I did a variety of cards utilizing the same set just varied a couple of things.
all the cards I used glossy paper for the image and alcohol inks. Alcohol inks are great for making quick cards and masculine cards.

The above card I used really rust for the base and accompanied it with ribbon and home-made dew drops.

For a variation I switched to bordering blue cardstock and made three panels and again added some dew drops.

My last card I switched it to long and narrow. Altered the ribbon by using a copic marker to color in what was white dots. Added some metal embellishments to add to that manly look. Stamped and embossed the image in black directly to the pattern paper. The image itself is raised up with dimensionals. The other two cards the image is raised up also with dimensinals and then the sentiment is raised up again. I always go for the dimensional look.


I have a special treat to share with you tomorrow. So stay tuned.

If you're out celebrating tomorrow and don't have time to tune in well..."Happy Canada Day!"

Yvonne

1 comment:

Deborah March said...

LOVE how you've used the train...beautiful masculine cards!