Good Morning All,
It's been a few days since I've been able to post. Taught my final Cuttlebug class at The Cutting Garden on Thursday and I spent a couple of nights getting the paper ready for the Lotus Book class for this coming week. That will be my last class to teach there. I've met lots of great people by working and teaching at the store and in classes we've certainly had a laugh or two.
Todays card....well I started out wanting to play with the three new colors of alcohol inks,(I had a little shopping theraphy) so I used some household tinfoil and covered a piece of cardstock. I cut the tinfoil about 1/2" larger than the paper I'm covering. Put glue stick on both the tinfoil and paper. Fold the tinfoil around to the back of the paper. I'm now thinking I want this to be a manly type card so I used the Argyle folder for embossing. Oooops I put my tinfoil paper in the wrong direction and I didn't get the right texture on the embossed piece. Okay, line it up in the folder again and see if I can re-emboss it so the image is reverserd. Hey, it worked. I used Rust, Stonewashed & Pitch Black alcohol inks to cover the tinfoil.
Next, deciding what stamp to use. Masculine cards are so much more limiting than femine cards. Artifacts is the Stampin' Up set I used. The stamp looks like part of a clock face. For this part I cut a CD into four pieces (the ones that go in your computer or DVD)and did the Faux Metal technique. This requires putting multiple layers of embossing powder onto the CD and heating. You'll start my using your Versamark pad and covering the CD, then embossing powder (silver), then heat. Apply more versamark, the powder, then heat repeating the process about five times. Once you've heated the last layer have your inked stamp ready (stamp with versamark as the stamp will release from the melted embossing powder easier) and stamp your image onto the CD while the melted embossing powder is hot. It won't damage your rubber stamps but I have not tried it with arcylic. Apply firm pressure as you want it to make a fossil like impression.
At this point I'm thinking.....wonder if I can apply the alcohol inks to my faux metal CD piece. I gave it a try and it worked like a charm.
If you click on the picture you can also see on the navy cardstock I versamarked the stamped image and the silver brads, well they are now a rust color, I alcohol inked them too.
All in all I really liked the way it turned out. If you decide to give this a try yourself send me a picture of your finished product!
Think I'm going to have a little more crafty time today. I'm working on some cards for a Christmas card class.