Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beaches - Lake Ontario

Morning,
I told you yesterday was going to be a crafty day. I finished off my scrapbook page and finished up three cards. Just sharing the scrapbook page for today. Sketch from lst weeks challenge on 52Sketches52Weeks. Unfortunately I didn't get it in in time for the contest.
This is more pictures of my trip to Toronto. I sometimes think of Toronto as all smog and concrete buildings. The beaches are obviously the beaches of Lake Ontario and only maybe 15 minutes from downtown. The sand went on for a long ways and you should have seen the number of sand volleyball courts. I can't even begin to imagine what that park would be like on a hot summers day. But by the size of everything, busy comes to mind. It was one of their first nice days when I was there and there were a few people out. Also we were out on a Friday afternoon which would account for fewer people.

The second page is a park downtown that we walked to. I actually needed to stop and rest there. I didn't wear proper walking shoes and we had been out hiking around for about 3 hours by then. Ouch.

The paper I used is from the Chloe's Closet collection. Notice the brads, paper flowers and paper clip. They are also accessories from the same collection. The green vine and the flourishes in the corner are cut from my cricut as is the lettering. The cartridge used for the lettering is Lyrical Letters. It's a new one out. The vine was Zoobaloo and the flourishes are from Storybook.
Today I'm at the Cutting Garden. I'll be getting some samples ready for next weeks card class. I believe we will be working with chalks.
Tomorrows post will be cards.

Yvonne

No comments: