Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Treat

A fun little project for today. It's best if the chocolate is already at your house to assemble the project immediately. You feel a little more guilty pulling apart the projects you already made to eat the candy rather than it just sitting there with easy access. You're getting the picture, right.

This project is made using SU's scallop punch, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle punch. I also used their paper piercer. Punched out two scallop punches from Tangerine cardstock, two black circles and two white circles. One side has the word "Boo" and the other side has a Halloween related image. The stamp set is also SU but from a long time ago. Glue the circle together and place on the scallop circle. Cut about a 5" piece of ribbon and glue on the inside of each of the scallop punch. Now place a chocolate treat that came from a big bag of chocolate (many of the shapes were unusable in the project....there were eggs and ovals besides the circles)onto the scallop circles with some double-sided tape and make into a sandwich and you're done.

Another alternative to chocolate would be to use the York peppermint patties. Yum!
On another blog I also saw these adorable spiders with the same idea but used the photo corner punch for legs.

The above is a side view just so you get whole picture. Go ahead give them a try.
Tonight I'm going to go stamping with the girls. I'm supposed to take a Christmas card for an exchange. I spent last night playing with a new stamp set but I don't work well under pressure. These gals always have great cards, not just your standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 size. So I may have something to show from the exchange tomorrow if I get one done. We'll see how long I have to work today and if I get some play time in this afternoon.

Enjoy!


Yvonne

1 comment:

Deborah March said...

SOOO cute, thanks for giving us one! ;)