Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Stampin' With Markers - technique

Before I get to today's technique I'm going to chit chat!

First - this is my last day of official work at my office job. Yippee! I will have to go back in next week to do my T4 and separation slip. lol Can hardly wait to have LOTS of time to play with all my toys.

Speaking of toys...I think my New Years resolution is "No more buying brads or eyelets!" For Christmas I got a great little storage unit to keep embellishments in and it would also be easy to transport if I was going to a crop. It was purchased at Walmart. They come in two different sizes in the craft section and mine is the smaller size. Anyway, I proceeded to organize my brads & eyelets. I could compete with many craft stores with the amount of embellishments I own.

Onto todays card -

I love the colors on this card as they are non-traditional for winter. I think we might need a little warm color in our lives as I checked the weather this morning and there are blizzard warning for Nova Scotia for this afternoon/evening. Yuck! Back to the card at hand - I get distracted so easily.
The sweater, touque & mitts are from a retired SU set. You will notice the two different colors on the clothes. I used a marker and colored directly onto the stamp to achieve the two-tone look. I used Stampin' Up's markers, but any water-based marker that has a brush tip can be used. Take your marker and color on the stamp using the side of the marker rather than just the tip so you can cover more area quicker. You have to work fairly quickly however, if the ink has started to dry you simply "huff" on your stamp before you put it to the paper.

What is this "huff" you ask? Hold your inked stamp up to your face, take a deep breath and exhale through your mouth pushing the air out onto the stamp. The moisture from your breath will make the ink moist again. It really does work very well.

I also cuttlebugged one piece of cardstock with the snowflake folder and then cut it into three equal pieces. Layered it up onto the pink and then tied a ribbon around each piece for variety. I like how I staggered the columns. I stamped the brrr in black ink and then used a glue pen to place little drops of glue along the letters and then sprinkled dazzling diamonds over the letters for kind of a frosty look. The clothing has little dots of Stickles on the snowflakes and dots. Click on the pictures for a better look at the glitter. (Also take notice - I used one brad!) lol

This will be my last post for 2008-------HAPPY NEW YEAR--------I look forward to sharing my stamping and scrapbooking projects with you next year!

Yvonne

No comments: