Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Ornament

WOW! Can't believe it's been a week since I posted. Don't know where the time has gone. Hubby has been away so I thought I would have more time. Obviously I have a problem with time management. That's not entirely true...I just spent my time in the craft room. (I do have to make some time today for house work, laundry and groceries. I'm out of frozen meals) I haven't had anything new to post but I have been crafting. I was doing my Christmas cards as well as I had 25 cards that were ordered.

Wednesday night I did go out to play. Deborah had us girls over for a crafty night. As always there is a challenge/swap to participate in. The item I received was a microscope slide made into a Christmas ornament. It is so pretty and will look lovely on my tree this year.

I created for the exchange a lantern with a tea light. Unfortunately I was so late in creating it that I didn't have time to take a picture before I had to run out the door Wednesday night. BTW Tuesday night was taken up trying to come up with an idea and having nothing turn out right.

Deborah also made these cute Christmas earrings for each of us there! Thank you Deborah. Julie was unable to attend and doesn't have pierced ears but....if you're reading this Julie....I want you to know that there seems to be a great deal of experience amongst us in ear piercing and some of the gals would like to fine tune their skills. lol

Germaine also gave each of us some fragrant bath salts. I look forward to using them. Thank you!

Saturday I went to the Halifax Shopping Centre VERY early as they were having 20% discount at many of the stores. I got there about 8:45 and picked up some great deals. I now have a start on that Christmas shopping. I left about 11:15 and the mall was really starting to get busy.
Today I'm hoping to put up a few decorations, you know, make it feel more like Christmas. The tree will go up next week-end. I always like to be decorated well before Christmas because as soon as Christmas Day is over I'm itching to take down the tree and clean up the house.
Happy Sunday!

Yvonne

3 comments:

Julie Mutch said...

LOL...Yes, I'm reading, as usual! :) No, I don't have my ears pierced yet, I'm a bit scared now, though...after talk of you guys holding me down with an ice cube and a paper piercer tool! lol :)

Pretty earrings, though! I really have to go make the time to get my ears pierced...I promise, it's on my to-do list, it's just that my to-do list seems to keep growing and there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day!

I'm glad you all had fun the other night, I wish I could have been there. Hope to get together with everyone soon! :)

Take care,
Hugs,
Julie

Julie Mutch said...

Goodness, I forgot to comment on the gorgeous microscope slide Xmas ornament that you got from the swap. It's just beautiful! Did Deborah make it?

Deborah March said...

It was a FUN evening! Please don't forget to order heavy weight vellum for me. ;) I'm so pleased you took a pic of the microscope slide...my pics didn't turn out at all. :(