Thursday, September 18, 2008

Snowflakes

Good Morning....Some of the posts I do for the next few days maybe from cards/items I've made sometime ago. Okay, more than sometime ago. Maybe the phrase should be "Once Upon A Time"! Wedding preparations and work are taking up crafting time.
To make this card you will use two different colors of paper. You could use two different patterns of paper and not have to do any stamping. Either way you will need 8 square pieces of paper - 4 of each color/design. The squares are probably about 1". I don't have the card in front of me to measure but they can't be very large cause it won't fit on a standard card. You alter it into a pinwheel by glueing the squares together - one pattern is placed diagonally and the other is placed as a square.. If you have one of those crafters mats that you can cut on (also called self-healing mat) some of those have a line graph printed on them. There will be your standard lines for measuring, like a ruler and then there are lines that are diagonal. Use those for lining up your squares. See the mat below. Thought you might need a visual as my directions (well I don't think I could even follow them) are lacking clarity this morning. I did place a brad in the centre when I was finished.

Must run...the clock is ticking and I need to get out the door. Have fun crafting today. If you have questions about how to do this, drop me an e-mail and I can try to be more descriptive.

Bye!

Yvonne (I'm really late now...let's hope for no traffic)


No comments: