Thursday, July 31, 2008

Faux Linen


This was one the cards we made at Julie's workshop on Monday night. The background behind the flowers is called Faux Linen. You start by taking a piece of glossy cardstock and sanding it with sandpaper. Sand back and forth from left to right and then change direction and sand from top to bottom. Basically you are removing the glossy look from the cardstock by scratching the surface. Now you are ready to ink up your brayer and if you don't have one try using a sponge to rub color over the cardstock. In the sample I inked my brayer with blush blossom and rolled over the glossy cardstock. I liked the two-tone browns for the two step flowers. Give this technique a try but you do need glossy paper to have it work properly.
I'll be back tomorrow hopefully with a 3-D item ...if I can get the picture off of the camera. I can see I've taken the picture but it doesn't want to download to the computer.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: SU Blossoms Abound
Inks: Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Glossy
Chocolate Chip ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love the new website! Thanks for sharing all these techniques! I'll stop by and visit at they Garden Soon....wave..Laura

Julie Mutch said...

Thanks so much for bringing this gorgeous card for us to do at my workshop. I love it...I must have seeing as I bought the stamp set! lol :) Can't wait to play with it more...