Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Halloween Charger Plate

Hi There!
 
Sorry to be missing for so long. Had a great vacation but got sick on my way home and that flu bug has just suck around way to long. I do hope to share some pictures and stories of my trip as well as the new projects I've been working on.
 
I thought I would share my Halloween Charger Plate. I love making these. They are quick, easy and you can make them for every occasion. After the season has passed storage is easy.

I used several cartridges on this project.


Bats - Happy Hauntings cut at 1"

Happy Halloween - Celebrate With Flourish cut at 2"

Flourishes - Gypsy Font (monogram feature) 1", 1.4" & 1.6"

Border Skulls - Wall Decor & More (border feature) 1.5"

Fence - Wall Decor & More (border feature) 2"

Tree - Happy Hauntings 4.5"

Small Skull beside tree - Indie Art 1"

Bird on Fence - Animal Kingdom - 1"
All images were sized and cut using CCR. Welded two flourishes together on right side of plate.

The fence had a rooster sitting on it and I cut that off and used a more suitable bird from Animal Kingdom.

There are different ways to work with vinyl. I set my machine to cut the image out through both the vinyl and the backing. I do not use a transfer tape. When I'm lining up to layer my vinyl I peel just a small portion of the backing away and make sure I have the image exactly where I want it and then adhere the vinyl layers together. I then proceed to peel back a little more of the backing and adhere that down. By doing it this way I'm not trying to work with a piece of vinyl that is trying to stick to everything it comes in contact with.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Yvonne


Cricut Info & Supplies Used:

Designed By: Yvonne Balmer

Cricut Machine Used: Imagine

Project Type: Home Decore

Project Theme: Halloween

Cricut Cartridges Used: Happy Hauntings, Celecrate with Flourish, Wall Decor & More, Indie Art, Animal Kingdom, Gypsy Font

Other Supplies Used: Vinyl, Black Charger Plate


 
 

2 comments:

m said...

Sure looks like a lot of work to me. Beautiful. Love the colors combo

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful love all the detail . Sorry to hear you've been under the weather hope you feel better soon
Marilyn