Monday, January 23, 2012

LOVE!

Good Morning!

It's Monday and my day for posting at Creative Critterz Imaginations. Things have changed up a little over there...we have two new design teams so we'll be alternating weeks. Nothing much will change on my blog as I plan to continue with Imagine posting on all Mondays.

A little chit chat first....How was your week-end? I spent Saturday out Geocaching. It was fun, found a new park to hike in and found a few caches too. Geocaching is like a scavenger hunt but click on the link above to read all about it. Lots of fun, gets you outside and a little exercise too. AND it's FREE. Saturday evening to friends for a lovely supper...YUM and Sunday a little crafting.

That discussed our project theme is Valentine. I've got a few cards completed for this theme and each one I made I liked better. You're still going to get to see the rest of them this week. Might have to slip in an extra post to get them all covered. lol (I also took a picture of my craftroom/desk when I'm creating)

For this project I did utilize Cricut Craftroom. Once again it's great for sizing your projects before you cut them. You also save paper because you can move the images where you want to unlike when you use the Imagine as a stand alone it places the images for you on the screen.


Started with George & Basic shapes and placed two 5.5" circles on the screen. They automatically weld together. This is my basis for my card.  Next I used Paper Trimmings at 5.25" and cut the heart circle and flood filled using Heirloom and also cut the shadow using black.  George & Basic shapes circles at black at 3.8" and blush at 3.6". The birds from Wedding cut at 3.125. Lastly Sweethearts cartridge for Love cut at 1.35".

Tiny black beads placed between each heart. Also used pop dots between the heart layers and the black inner circle for some dimension.

If you have questions regarding CCR drop me a note and I'll try and help you out. Thanks for all your comments I do read them all and appreciate it.

Enjoy your day!
Yvonne

2 comments:

Merilee Lane said...

Really cute card! :o)

Gwen said...

Very nice Yvonne! I was playing with my Imagine and CCR today and had all kinds of issues, I spent over an hour on the phone with pc still no resolve. How did you get it to cut without a black outline? They said that's just they way it was. I am one of the new DT members and am really trying to learn this. Thanks, Gwen.