Monday, January 16, 2012

Baking Cookies With Nana

Good Morning,

Hope you had a relaxing week-end. I filled mine with some crafting. I did cards, Valentine candles and some scrapbooking. I've been neglectful of my scrapbooking and need to get consistent again.

Announcement for the new additions to the design team at Creative Critterz Imaginations were announced on Friday! Woo Hoo! Look forward to working with these talented ladies.

I visited my 2 1/2 year old Grandson in November and had a list of things I wanted him & I to do together. One was be cookies. What a riot that was. I forgot what it is like have an eager helper. lol
We all wore a little flour.
For both pages I used Kate's Kitchen for all the paper and images. The tiny hearts were made with a punch. Quicker & easier.
Faux stitching around the letters. Inked the green cardstock. Doing both of these techniques helps to give the look of added layers and definition.
Cartridge used for the recipe card - From My Kitchen
I utilized CCR to get the sizing right. If you haven't tried CCR yet you should give it a whirl.
Even if you don't cut with it being able to organize the images for sizing is a great help and also for color matching.
Before I started using CCR I wasted a lot of paper - I would cut on scrap paper first to see if the sizing was correct and then re-cut using the project paper.
The hand is supposed to be my Grandson's, I had his parents trace it and e-mail to me. There was a sizing problem when I printed it so I had to re-size it. I'll have to get the original snail mailed to me.
The recipe for baking cookies pretty much says it all.
It was a fun time. Now to scrapbook the decorating of the cookies.
That was another adventure.
Thanks for taking the time today to visit and allowing me to share with you.
Yvonne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne,
I just love your layout! I especially love the "recipe" on how to bake cookies! Too cute!
By any chance are you going to post a picture for the Valentines candle you mentioned? I would really like to see those as well!
Thanks for sharing!
Sue O

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Awesome pages Yvonne love the LO and the recipe is so cute .Thanks for sharing and Congratulations on making the design team .
Marilyn