Friday, May 21, 2010

Gold Foil - Another Twist!

Afternoon! Well I know many of you are getting ready for a long week-end.

Here's another card using the metal foil, alcohol inks and distress inks.

Alcohol Inks used on the card and piece below - Stream, Espresso, Butterscotch
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint
Cuttlebug Folder - Herring Bone
Happy Father's Day sentiment - Make your own with Grafix Rub -Onz Transfer Film
The image was stamped on white cardstock and embossed with Black Powder and distressed with above colors. The green cardstock was also distressed with same colors to tone down the green.


After I was done with the alcohol inks and I made sure it was dry - use a sanding tool and remove the color. Your embossed image will pop. All note that I did the inks on the gold side of the foil but when sanded down the silver shows through.
To see another sample of the distress inks check out previous post on May 12th.

Off to enjoy my week-end. Hope you enjoy yours too!

Yvonne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne

Very nice card, the distress inks really set off the truck. I will have to give this one a try.

Got my BD card today, love it. wish you were here to celebrate too.
Have a great long weekend
Sherry Kbelison

Julie Mutch said...

Beautiful job, Yvonne. The metal foil looks like fun to play with, I should do that more...

Hope you're enjoying your long weekend. :)

Take care,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: You are keeping us busy with all the techniques. Great job on this card. Will try the technique when I get time. Have a good weekend.