Long tutorial today. Lots of pictures.
The card is a recessed window and instructions can be found at Splitcoaststampers.Splitcoaststampers.
Starting with the finished product. House Mouse stamp called Frangrant Flowers. Embossed green Brazzell leaf cardstock, Bazzill Half Edge Borders and Copics can all be found at FargoCat Shops. Prima Flowers and brads from my stash.
This is a large stamp - covers about an area of 4" x 6". I thought it would take a lot longer to color but it really is very quick and actually requires less shading than a lot of stamps.
Stamp image in Momento Black Ink.
1. Color stems in flowers Yellow Green (YG03)
2. Color flowers Dark Pink (RV34) Don't worry about getting perfect coverage-it's doesn't need to be even in color.
3. With Prune (BV02) just do little strokes of color here and there. Not too much. You're just wanting to create different shades.
4. Now finish in coloring the leaves with Yellow Green (YG03)
5. Add Cool Gray #1 to the inside of the vase to create some shadows.
6. The veins of the leaves and anywhere you want to create a shadow add some Apple Green (G14). If you figure you have it to dark go over with the Yellow Green and blend.
If you click on the picture above and the picture below you can see where I darkened up the leaves.
Decided to make the branch a little darker so applied Lionet Gold (Y28).
All mice the light areas are done in Barely Beige (E11) and pink areas Blush (R20)
Top Mouse Cool Gray #3 & 5
Brown Mouse Brick Beige (E31) & Sand (E33)
Bottom Right Mouse Warm Grey #3 & 5
Lastly I wanted the background colored in. I worked in small areas. Colored the area first with the colorless blender and then over top used Frost Blue (B00) for the sky and Pale Green (G000) for the grass. If I thought is was too dark in areas go over it again with the colorless blender to lighten the ink.
Hope you found some of this helpful. If you have any questions leave a comment and I'll e-mail you back if you leave a contact address otherwise I will answer your question in the comments section of the post.
Sun is shining the wind is blowing lightly. Think I'll head outside now!