Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Asian Flair

Hi There,

Most blogs have been pretty quiet. Everybody enjoying family togetherness. I've been getting a few cards done late at night when everyone is sleeping snugly in their beds and I'm wide awake.

The stamp set used for this card was one of the first free stamp set I earned with Stampin' Up back in 2003. It was a hostess set. I finally mounted it! It's a set of six or seven pieces. Really quite cute.

Birds & Swirls is the cuttlebug folder used in the background. Nestabilities for cutting out the ovals. You can see how I used dimensionals to vary the height.


The fan was stamped with versamark and then embossed with black detail embossing powder. The images were colored in with copic markers. Look at all the little pearls. Adds a touch of elegance.

When I was making this card I would have liked to have had the bamboo cuttlebug folder for the background. Would have matched so well.

How's those New Years Resolutions coming?

Enjoy your day!

Yvonne

No comments: