Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine Subway Art

Good Day!

Well for a weather update...still rainy and cold. Yuck.

I did make it to the gym yesterday...aiming for a repeat performance today. The last six months I've been neglectful in exercising.

Today's share is what is termed subway art. I've been making lots of these to match each season or holiday. The word art file is from Silhouette Studio.

I go to the local craft store...whoever has the white canvases on sale. Last time I bought seven in a package and I think that worked out to about $2.00 per canvas. They are 16 x 20.

Painted it a pretty pink...trying to use all my tole paints that have been neglected as well.

Now I have a confession to make. For Christmas I got a new cutting machine...the Cameo Silhouette.
Does it cut nice....For anybody out there who is a quilter (Pam) it cuts material as well....

The wording is cut out of red vinyl. The machine can cut very intricate details perfectly. I'm truly impressed. You can also do your own designing and patterns on it. Anyway you can see how narrow the boxes are around some of the words and there was no problem with the cutting!
My house is so decorated for Valentines Day! First year for me to really decorate it. Last year I did make a Valentine's Day wreath for the front door.
 
Challenges Entered
 
Do you decorate?
 
Happy Crafting!
Yvonne

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to hear you are using up those tole paints.
Barbara in Antigonish, Nova Scotia

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Well welcome to blogging missed your posts . Guess Santa was good to you to bring a Cameo. So what did you do with your Cricut Imagine . Beautiful canvas I can see how nicely the letters are cut so sharp and crisp .

Grannymama said...

This is awesome. Great job. Thank you for playing in the Love Challenge at Creative Cutting Challenge.

Carolyn
CCC DT

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely project! I think you and your Cameo are going to be best friends!! lol
Great job and thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge this time.
Cindy
DT Leader

Heather said...

Love the Subway Art!!
Thank you for joining us at the Creative Cutting Challenge!!
Hugs Heather DT

Unknown said...

You did a fabulous job with this project