Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shamrock

Good Morning,

I promise this is my last St. Patrick's Day card. They were a lot of fun to make though. Got to play in the glitter too!
Pattern paper printed using Floral Emporium Cricut Imagine.
Rainbow from St. Patrick's Day Digital Cricut
Sentiment - Stampin' Up and blue embossed
Spellbinders for the label. A little tip here - I find the sizing between dies on the spellbinder labels is larger than I would like. So after I cut the label I embossed it then added faux stitching to create the look of more layers. Also I cut one layer in green and one in white (both the same size). The white layer I cut in half and then have that just showing on the edges. Adds more dimension.
Isn't all that glitter wonderful!

After I made the card I see where it fits into a couple different challenges out there.

On a side note - Do any of you watch Survivor? I can't believe last nights tribal counsel! Won't give anymore away in case you have it taped to watch later.

Yvonne



14 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, I'm just loving the paper and colors you chose. And that glitter is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. I'm hoping I can read the word verification. We're asking our friends to find it in their hearts to disable it to make it easier for us to comment. xxD

Beckie said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

Be blessed, Beckie

Jeri said...

Oh this is so cute. I just love the sparkle on the rainbow and shamrock. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2. Please consider turning off your word verification to make your blog more user friendly for those of us that love to leave comments.

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Yvonne, there can never be too many St. Patty's Day cards. Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star lucky challenge!

Tammy said...

Very cute I love your idea on layering. Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your card!I LOVE the great details and papers, Thanks for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

AmyJRockstar said...

Yvonne, you are seriously a rockstar!!! I love every single one of your cards! I had to add you to my "favorite blogs" bookmark because you have seriously amazing talent. Wow! I wish I could craft with you because I could learn a lot! Your style is perfect and everything you do always seems to have exactly the right finishing touches. This is lovely! I'm going to see if you have the email thingy on here cause I don't want to miss a single post! :0) Thanks for joining us at FCCB! Just read our Saturday post and that's what made me come back over, then I saw this and had to comment here first! ;)


XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT member & former coordinator)
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

**Treefrog** said...

What a Great card, Love the papers and you can Never go wrong with Glitter so love the sparkle! So glad you shared with us over at BBTB2!
((Hugs)) Theresa
I was planning to watch Survivor on Sunday, but now I may have to stay up late and watch it, you have my curiosity peeked, LOL. =]

Susan Edwards said...

What a bright and happy St. Patrick's Day card! Love the glitter. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

Kate said...

This is so fun! The glitter is fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

A Little Time said...

So very pretty!! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just LOVE that glittery rainbow and shamrock, Yvonne! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, Yvonne! I've been making the rounds tonight. I meant, thank you for playing along with us at Papercraft Star! I'm blushing.

Lori1brat said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the sparkle and color you used !!! VERY cute !!! Thank you for playing along with us at BBTB2 !! Lori