Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Love Plate

Hi There,

Since Halloween I've been making decorative charger plates for my neighbors.  I figure by the time I move again she'll have a set for every holiday.

The doves are from the Wedding cartridge and Love from Sentiments cartridge. The little hearts were a punch.

Black vinyl for the shadow and silver for the top layer. The silver is actually looking a little more white in the photo.  The plate was a dark red which in hindsight was too bad cause I had some really nice red sparkly vinyl I had wanted to use for the images.
Have you been watching what new items are being released at the Craft & Hobby Convention (CHA)?

From cricut they are releasing gel pens that you can insert into any of the machines so you can write sentiments (not sure if they are different from the other gel pens they put out). They are also releasing a NEW Bags, Tags and More cartridge. This one will also score the lines for folding the bags/boxes, however you do have to purchase a new housing for your machine so it can score the folds.

Tim Holtz released of course new stamps, embossing folders, paper and a set of markers to match his inks. Between him and Ranger there is a new machine that will cut out the stamped images for you. If you go to Tim Holtz's website you can get details.

Well my mind has gone blank about the other stuff I've seen so I'll sign off for today.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne!
I have to say, I wish I was your neighbor!!! LOL!!! I have never used vinyl with my Cricut...not yet. I do have a question about it though, how or can you wash the plate with the vinyl on it?
I am also excited about the new cartridge that is coming out! I've been wanting the tags,bags and more, only to find out that it was discontinued!
So very excited about the new one! Only just heard about through your post! Yippee!!! Thanks!
How do I find out more information about it! I want to make sure I can get it a.s.a.p.
I'm not too concerned about the machine scoring it really, as long as I have the cartridge!

Love reading all your updates!
Thanks for sharing!
Sue O