Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hot Chocolate Anyone?

Good Morning,

We were lucky enough to get to see my niece Trina and her hubby Sheldon for a few hours. Not nearly long enough but hopefully next time we can organize it so they can stay a little longer.

You will want to visit my blog on Monday as I'll have a special tutorial done. A little hint - making it easier to position your spellbinder dies when cutting out an image that has already been stamped.

Stamps used are Just-Rite Stamps - Something Sweet Set. This would be a good set if you did up small packages of candy, jams, cookies but they also make for good cards. lol

The card base is standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Pattern paper is 4 x 5 1/4". After adhering the paper to the base I cut a slit in the top of the card to feed the ribbon through. Behind the image I adhered the ribbon to the card with tacky tape. The bow was made separately and attached with a large glue do.

Image stamped with black Momento ink and colored with copics - R46 - strong red, B93 Light Crockery Blue, and B97 Night blue. White liquid applique for the foam on the cup (apply let dry and then heat with a heat tool so it will puff up), snowflakes have Dazzling Diamond Glitter and the swirly steam is Diamond Stickles.  Out of all the stickles Diamond is my favorite. I know FargoCat Shops  has some in stock (cause I delivered it - lol)Of course I used the nestabilities and  pop dots between layers for dimension. A simple card to make and the layers add the pizazz.

Don't forget to come and see me on Monday for my tip.
The project will be Christmas and I'll tell you about Glue Glider Pro. I got one at CHA but haven't really tested it so I guess I need to make some more cards so I can give you the scoop.

Have a good week-end......I might see you before then though....I do have a couple more cards completed.

Yvonne

1 comment:

sherry said...

Very pretty card, I love the colors and the stamp...may have to look into getting this one...lol...
Have a great weekend!!