Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tile Coasters

Good Morning,

Wow...I know it's been awhile but....I was busy. I know, too busy for you guys...yeah. Little Xavier came first. Had such a fun time with him. He is such a busy little boy. Towards the end of the visit he was getting really comfortable. He realized there were more rooms in the house than the ones we were in and was starting to go exploring. He really liked it if Nana forgot to close the door to the craft room. There was many things in there that he could reach.

We had a great visit, and the weather co-orporated for the most part. had some swimming in the pool days (we heated it a bit) and some hot tub days. I'll share a few photos in the next while.

Today I'm sharing making tile coasters. You will need a printer, some tissue paper, mod podge and tiles.

The tiles I used are called tumbled tiles and are unglazed. Start by printing your photo off on tissue paper. I did this by taping the tissue paper to a piece of printer paper and then processing it through the printer. Cut your image out to fit on the tile. Apply a thin layer of mod podge to the tile and then carefully lay your tissue paper over top. Try to make sure you get it down smooth with no wrinkles. Now apply another coat overtop of the tissue paper. Once it is dry you can spray with an acrylic sealer and attach felt or cork feet to the bottom of the tiles. It's just that easy!


That's all I've got for today. We are getting down to the last couple of days for you to join in the March card challenge. I do have a couple more entries that were e-mailed to me. I will be doing a random draw for a prize package. You still have time to play along.

I'm off to enjoy a walk and some sun.

Yvonne

1 comment:

Julie Mutch said...

Oh, Yvonne, these tiles of Xavier are so precious! Glad to hear you all had such a nice visit. Looking forward to seeing pics! :)

Hugs,
Julie