Friday, September 24, 2010

Just a Note

Happy Friday,

Just a quick post. Came back late last night from San Antonio. Will give you more details later but I'll definitely be going back.

Stamp sets used are Elegant Cheer (sentiment) and Office Ephemera, both from Stampin' Up.

The background pattern paper is from Basic Grey - Pyrus. It's quite gorgeous. The edges of the paper and the cardstock were distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Vintage Photo, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint.
Just as a side note if you haven't tried the blending foams or the mat that keeps your tabletop clean - can't remember the exact name right now - you should give both of them a try. They work great!

I used vanilla cardstock and stamped a collage of images on the paper before I stamped the pen.

Used a labels die from Spellbinders for the stamped sentiment. I cut the same size out twice and layered them. Also cut out one of the smaller dies and used that for a mask so I could spritz "Log Cabin" smooch around the edges to create a border. ( I've recently purchased the red and silver smooch so stayed tuned for some samples using them.)
Stamped and cut out the ink well. Raised up with dimensionals. The ribbon was vanilla colored and altered with the Distress Inks.

That's all I've got for today.

Yvonne

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great card Yvonne! I love San Antonio and have been there a couple of times.

Anonymous said...

Marlene said: What an awsome card. The combo is super.

Nancy Wyatt said...

What a beautiful card!! Look forward to following you! hugs from conroe, tx! thanks for the follow!